357. 23rd December: This year, rather than our usual annual 'Christmas lights walk', we took a 'Christmas lights drive' instead so we could go further afield and enjoy some variety (and keep warmer!!)
358. 24th December: A new Christmas Eve tradition - we had some sparklers left over from Bonfire Night, so we saved them til Christmas Eve and used them to 'write' messages and wishes in the air :)
359. 25th December: Christmas Day! Yay! :)
Imagine photo here!
360. 26th December: We had very high winds again and we were nervous about the new garage roof as it appeared to be undulating rather... I made a few phone calls to our insurers and eventually managed to get hold of the company who'd done the work for us, too; they came out the following day and reassured us that although there might be some movement the roof wasn't going anywhere. (The pic shows the phone surrounded by the various insurance documents, receipts and guarantees etc, with identifying info.)
361. 27th December: My mind now at rest about the garage roof, I could enjoy my new Lego Harry Potter Wii game, my Christmas gift from The Children! :)
362. 28th December: What a lovely surprise! Happy Mail from Melissa arrived just before we left to visit The Parents-In-Law :) Thank you, my dear!
363. 29th December: We always meet up with The Sister-In-Law and her family while visiting The Parents-In-Law, which usually means going out for a meal together. The Tomboy and The Youngest Cousin get on so well together :)
364. 30th December: The Doctor and I nipped out to do a bit of shopping, leaving The Children with their The Grandparents. We stopped off for a leisurely coffee, too. So lovely to have that time together :)
365. 31st December: And the end of a really lovely, special year. So much happened over this year - amazing travel opportunities, the chance to meet up with so many friends old and new, The Boy getting into the secondary school of his choice and settling in so well there - much to be thankful for!
(I'll do a separate round up post of the final 'detail' pics of 2011 later - this is pretty photo heavy already!)