and I got very excited about the idea! Each issue of Craft Stamper comes with a free stamp, and inside the mag are two pages of sample projects using the stamp. This particular project involved getting a number of friends to colour in a stamped image, and then assembling them all into a little 'wandering book' (which I've always called a 'snake book', though I can see how the former might sound a bit more appealing!!)
I totally *love* the idea of this :) So, would anyone like to play along with me? Here's how I see it working:
- To make it manageable, I'm going to limit this to 16 participants, including myself.
- I will stamp out about 20 images for each of us (it's the face as shown in the pic above, designed by Sarah Lawrence of Crafty Notions). We actually only need 16 each, so 20 will be enough for us each to have an image from each other, plus spares in case of mistakes! The images are about 2 inches square.
- You colour in your images, and send 15 of them back to me (you keep the spares; one (or more) of them will form the front cover of your wandering book).
- I'll stamp using Archival ink, so you'll be able to use any colouring medium you choose, and there are no rules about the colour scheme - pick whatever colours you wish.
- Once I've received all the coloured images, I'll share them out and send you back 15 images from the other 15 of us taking part.
- I suggest that we have a time limit of 2 weeks from when you receive your images, which should be long enough to get them coloured in and packed up to post back to me. (I won't set a specific date, as overseas participants are welcome and their images will probably take longer to arrive!)
- Once I've sent out all the coloured images, I'll post a tutorial on my blog explaining how to make a wandering book, so if you haven't made one before the instructions will be here! Alternatively you can display or store your collection of images in any way you choose :)
- If there are fewer than 16 of us interested, I shall go ahead anyway with as many people as would like to!
Any questions, leave me a comment and I'll answer asap :)
Who wants to play?!