Believe it or not, sometimes I wonder what to write about on this blog. Admittedly I don't ever tend to be short of ideas for any length of time, there's usually a project or a photo or just some random witterings to share - but today, other than my Project 365 pics, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to write about.
And then this lovely lady and this equally lovely lady came to my rescue :-) You see, they'd both been 'tagged' by other bloggers and asked to answer a series of questions. They were asked to then think up some questions of their own and 'tag' some other bloggers in turn. So I have not just one question but twenty to answer, and ten of my own to ask!
1. Favourite quote or poem.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
2. How much do you spend on average on scrapbooking supplies in a month?
Hmm, interesting question. I don't belong to any kit clubs (yet...) so I don't have any regular amounts going out, so it tends to be 'as and when' shopping. It probably works out at about £10-20 a month - which is really vague I know, but I've never actually worked it out!
3. Blogspot or typepad?
Blogspot :-) When I first started a blog I only knew about Blogger and didn't realise there was a choice of free hosts! Now I'm so familiar with it that I'd find it hard to switch (despite its peculiarities and frustrations and Bloggerations...)
4. If you could choose one thing which would make you happy what would it be?
The Doctor :-) Spending time with The Doctor :-)
5. If you could save one thing from a house fire what would you save (family, children and pets are already safe)?
Laptop under one arm and as many scrapbook albums as I could possibly carry under the other!
6. What would be your ideal holiday destination and why?
I loved Austria - we spent 2 weeks there last summer. I loved the contrast between the bustling city of Vienna and the tranquil beauty of the lakes and mountains in the Tyrol. I also liked knowing enough German to at least have a go at speaking to the native Austrians! I'd love to go back there :-)
7. If you were an author what genre would you write in?
Tricky question. Possibly some kind of chick lit (maybe Christian chick lit?), possibly craft books (I've had some craft articles published). Or maybe a maths book!
8. Have you ever stolen anything?
When I was tiny, The Mother took me out shopping. When she got back home she discovered that I'd helped myself to a few little items from Woolworths - pencil sharpeners and the like - they were tucked behind me in the buggy!
9. What is your best dish when entertaining?
Nowadays I often try out a new recipe when we have friends round, but for years - while I was vegetarian - I would always make spinach and mushroom lasagne. I still make it for my Coffee Plus Bible study group when we go away for the weekend so I suppose it's still my signature dish!
10. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Christian, wife, mother, teacher, crafter.
Or, creative, loyal, generous, messy, talkative.
Or, book-lover, mathematician, cook, compulsive shopper.
Or, totally unable to follow rules!!
And from Melissa:
1. If you had to choose your last meal, what would it be?
I love this morbid question! My answer would probably be different from one day to the next, but right now I'd say curry: chicken tikka to start (I have a fab recipe that I'll share some time), then a selection of different curries (to definitely include saag aloo), with pilau rice and garlic and coriander naan bread. For dessert, something like Chocolate Surprise Pudding. And I'd have to have one last helping of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, too!
2. What tv program do you love?
I like comedy quiz shows like QI, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, etc. And Doctor Who, naturally!
3. Favorite thing about a rainy day?
Rainbows :-) "You can't have a rainbow without the rain" is one of my mottos! (Yes, I can be that sickeningly optimistic...)
4. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?
A couple of times lately people have sent me little surprise packages of something they thought I might like to try. These random acts of kindness really touch my heart :-)
5. What is the nicest thing you have done for someone else?
Tricky question. I hope I do nice things for people regularly, I do try to! I bought The Doctor some chocolate today, just to cheer his day... Nicest thing ever? That would probably be for someone else to say, to be honest!
6. Name three things you do on a daily basis.
Blog; check email; check news headlines (usually online). Which really shows how much I've become dependent on the internet!! Away from the computer? Groan inwardly when the alarm goes off; read something - book, magazine, newspaper; prepare food.
7. What was your favorite book as a child?
I read voraciously as a child. (I still do!) It would be hard to pick one favourite - I loved anything by Enid Blyton, I loved the Chalet School series by Elinor M Brent-Dyer, and I also loved the Swallows and Amazons books by Arthur Ransome. I still re-read all of these from time to time.
8. What gift would you give to someone you love if money was not a consideration?
Probably more of an experience than a 'thing' - I'd take them on holiday somewhere special :-)
9. What is your favorite thing about summer?
My birthday! I'm an August baby :-)
10. What do you like best about yourself?
My creativity - and the way it spills into how I teach, the gifts I give people, and so on.
Thanks girls, I found that really interesting! :-) Now for the difficult task of choosing some new people to answer some new questions, bearing in mind that several of the people in my 'blog circle' have already been invited to take part.... (And the version that came to Jo said to pick 5 people, while the version that came to Melissa suggested picking 7!) OK, I'll go with 10 (just to be awkward), and I'd love to hear from: Ruth, Deb, Deb, Rinda, Jacky, Helena, Karen, Rhona, Heather and Cheri - and anyone else who'd like to have a go! Here are the questions I'd like to ask you:
1. Where in the world did you spend your most memorable day ever, and what did you do?
2. What is your favourite time of year, and why?
3. What is your favourite time of day, and why?
4. What food would you find it very hard to do without?
5. What colour makes you feel happiest?
6. What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
7. What's the nicest thing you've ever said to anyone else? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
8. Who would be guest of honour at your dream dinner party?
9. What's your favourite bird?
10. What word or phrase do you find yourself over-using?
Can't wait to see your answers xx
AE Behind The Brand | Get It Scrapped
23 hours ago